I had so much fun with you guys..
The works -
Roses: French knots - 1/8" pale pink & mauve and 1/4" pale pink
Leaves: Ribbon stitch - 1/4" various shades of green
Fillers: French knots - 1/8" shades of green
Trunk: Garden rope (some unravelled) anchored with matching thread
Vase: Paper ribbon cut to shape and secured with hot glue. I added light brown thread to add dimension.
Here my inspiration for this project - the actual topiary (cropped image, SBS' You're Beautiful - ep 14).
*now off for a ride on Jeremy's magic bus*
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I had so much fun with you guys..
Monday, November 23, 2009
Everything you need to reproduce this item is in the kit. With it, you'll be able to make 3 lovely hearts and still have leftover for other project.
Instruction is not provided.
For there's hardly any need for it - let your creativity juice flow - but if you require any assistance, I'd be happy to guide you, just let me know.
This project should be suitable for a very enthusiastic beginner.
Kit A - RM15 inclusive postage
Content: 3 pieces of 3" heart shaped woodsie, one piece of Cath Kidston's Pastel Stripe (blue) napkin & Cath Kidston's Classic Rose (white) tissue plus magnetic strip.
Kit B - RM24 inclusive of postage (get this only if you do not already own a gold/silver paint marker)
Content: 3 pieces of 3" heart shaped woodsie, one piece of Cath Kidston's Pastel Stripe (blue) napkin &Cath Kidston's Classic Rose (white) tissue, magnetic strip and one Paint Marker in metallic colour @ RM9 (please request either gold or silver)
1. This is not a starter kit - ideally you should already have decoupage basics, i.e. sealer, gesso (or equivalent) & glaze/varnish, in hand to proceed with this project.
2. Each item also sold separately. Do enquire for details if it's not already listed in SALE items.
3. Magnetic strip is included as initially this is a fridge magnet but now it's up to you - it' doesn't really have to be one :-)
Here I fully utilised the Elizabethan Garden tissue by doing both sides (unlike this one).
Shading: Plaid's Folk Art Sheer Blossom + retarder.
Border: Plaid's Folk Art Baby Pink & gold (paint marker)
Back - GREENShading: Jo Sonja Pine Green + retarder.
I was bored while waiting for it to dry up so I played around hence the watercolour effect (which I think is quite nice).
Border: Solid Jo Sonja Pine Green & gold.
For the apperture's border, I decided to practise my dot making skill. I'm loving my stylus so much!
Will post close ups once I get a clear image.
Friday, November 20, 2009
RoseRedoute on MDF plaque
Base is in Americana's Buttercream, shading Americana's Burnt Umber. I'm glad it turns out quite OK cos I seldom use the dabbing technique for shading.
I lined the edges with a hint of black (Licorice from Plaid's Folk Art) & gold (paint marker).
This was the BEFORE photo.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
I know I was being overzealous working with the sides. It gives me a headache just looking at it. Sorry..
Should've kept it simple like the back, yes?
Watch this space cos I'll definitely redo it sooner or later - really can't stand its' sight ATM.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
2 Goats at Abandoned House by the Beach.
As usual I used IKEA's RAM wood frame - it's cheap and safe to use in children's room since they use polystyrene plastic now instead of glass.
Always remember to seal it first.
Monday, November 09, 2009
After quite a lengthy break - it's time to make some. This bookmark and card were made based on the instruction from this book.
Paperback: 48 pages
Publisher: Search Press (September 1, 2005)
It is part of the handmade Greeting Cards series from Search Press and I bought it sometimes back at Kinokuniya, KLCC.
For a sneak peek, go to Amazon.com and view some of the lovely cards featured.
Friday, November 06, 2009
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
The completed version, after a bit of tweaking.
Tho I did botched up a bit when the scallop border bleed upon contact with clear spray. (Will stick to the glaze when using Deco Colour paint marker then)
This also marked the christening of my new aluminum stylus - it was fun making them polka dots (in Americana Burnt Umber) so do expect to see more in other project .
A single Victoria Rose on 2" wide circle MDF. It's about 1//4" thick.
The background is in (Folk Art) taffy+ retarder.
Monday, November 02, 2009
It still requires some touching-up tho.
In this project, I fully utilised the Flower Stripe, even the (uneven) lattice came from the purple line.
The lavendar shade came from Jo Sonja Purple + Folk Art Taffy combination.